FAQs and Terms & Condititons
The purchaser is wholly responsible for collection of purchased artwork from the National Art School, we will not arrange transport/delivery.
HOW TO BUY:
From the homepage you can search all Artist's or by discipline or you can navigate through the top menus to an Artist's page; or, use the Search bar at the top right of any page (desktop) or under the Menu button (mobile).
If a work is for sale:
- Click on the work which takes you to its own page,
- If the work is an edition, select the one you would like from those available in the drop-down menu, otherwise, just click 'Add to Art Cart'
- You can continue to add works to your cart in this way.
- Once you are ready to complete your purchase, click on the cart icon at the top right of any page.
- On the Checkout page, click 'Checkout'
- Fill out your basic information for payment processing and purchase tracking, then click 'Continue to Payment Method'
- Fill out your card details (Visa/Mastercard/Amex), and click 'Complete Purchase'
- Your receipt will be emailed to you
LIVE VIEWING OF ARTWORKS:
Artworks exhibited in NAS Gallery, the Rayner Hoff Project Space, the Drawing Gallery and the studio spaces are available for viewing in person:
- 8 December 2022, 6–10pm
- 9–18 December 2022, 11am–5pm
Please note that this website includes artworks exhibited in physically in the exhibition as well as online only.
BUYING POLICY (CAVEAT EMPTOR):
Availability of works is based on the completed payment processes. Works will only be marked as 'Sold' once the transaction is finalised (the final purchase of an artwork is the trigger for it to be sold).
It is important that you are sure about your purchase as once payment has been processed there will be no refunds, sales are final (unless the work has been damaged by the National Art School or has become unavailable).
Works are sold 'as is' and any inclusion of framing will be noted in item descriptions.
The purpose of the sale is to provide further support and practical assistance for Art Students with the exercise of displaying and marketing art as part of their visual arts education at the NAS.
The Student Art work is not being sold as part of any commercial art sale.
The purchaser acknowledges and agrees that the art work may deteriorate and have imperfections and defects. The purchaser will accept the risk of this and will not make any claim against the Artist or the NAS in respect of any defect in the art work.
You can choose a refund if an item has a major problem.
This is when the item:
- has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying the item if they had known about it
- is unsafe
- is significantly different from the description
- doesn’t do what we said it would, or what you asked for and can’t be easily fixed
If the problem is not major, we may repair the item within a reasonable time. If it is not repaired in a reasonable time you can choose a refund.
Please keep your proof of purchase — your receipt
- Payment for all works are processed by Shopify Payments on behalf of the National Art School.
- Shopify Payments accepts Visa, MasterCard, Visa/Mastercard Debit Cards, and American Express.
- National Art School (NAS) acts as a Commission Agent for the artists. All sales are made between the artist and the buyer.
- NAS facilitates the purchase on behalf of the artist and will issue a purchase receipt to acknowledge the transaction.
- Students are typically not registered for GST and accordingly the sale does not include GST and no tax invoice will be issued by NAS.
WHEN CAN I COLLECT MY ARTWORK?
- Artworks will be available for collection from:
Wednesday 21 December – Thursday 22 December 2022, 9am – 3.30pm.
- NAS is closed for Christmas Friday 23 December 2022, reopening Wednesday 3 January 2023.
- January Collection: Wednesday 3 January – Saturday 7 January 2023, 9am – 3.30pm.
- If you require collection outside these times please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please bring a form of photo ID to collect. If you are having someone collect on your behalf, please have them bring a copy of your receipt.
- NAS does NOT deliver artworks.
WHAT IF I DON'T COLLECT IN THAT PERIOD?
Uncollected artworks from 3 months after the sale date will be disposed of at the National Art School's discretion.
Please fill out our contact form
ARTWORK PHOTOGRAPHYPeter Morgan